Monday, March 11, 2013

Another Long Run in the Books

Even though it snowed and was gross at the start of the week it warmed up nicely so that Sunday morning I could actually go outside for my "long" run.

The plan was to run the same 5 miles that I'll do in two weeks for the Run for L'Arche.  I've never ran in a race that far (only 5kms previously) and I wanted to see what I was in for before trying it with a bunch of people.

Running outside is so.much.easier than running on the treadmill.  I thought I was going slow but I was way over a long run pace - even faster than what I thought my race pace would be.   I was easily running a 10 min mile pace and I can't do that for very long on the treadmill. 

And the time flew by, the turn around point came up in no time and I wasn't feeling tired at all.  I did lose some steam at the 4.5 mile mark, but that is almost certainly because I'm not used to going that fast for that long.

5 miles - 53:23 (10'40" mile)  What!?

Splits!


So Yay! for long outside runs.  Let's hope whatever snow is left for this year is during the week and melts quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment