Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Triathlon??

I get some crazy ideas in my head.  Usually the way out there ones sort themselves out in a matter of minutes, but sometimes they stick around for a while.  And the longer they stick around the more seriously I start to take them.

The other day I was reading a blog and one of the links was to the Strathmore Women's Triathlon.   I was intrigued.  Not only because I grew up there and never knew that they had a triathlon, but because it was women only and a "sprint" race which I didn't know existed. 

(In my head triathlon = ironman.  I've never bothered to look it up and check)

So I've spent the last few days looking into this, reading about it and visualizing actually doing it.

And then reality set in and I saw just how crazy this particular brand of crazy train is:

1)  I don't own a bike.

1b) Even if I had a bike I don't know how to use it.

2) I don't much like swimming.  I took lessons and stuff as a kid, but that's about it.

3) It's winter now.  Training for 20k bike race would either have to be on a stationary bike, or wait until Spring...which, in Calgary, might not come until July.

But....

There is a relay option.  My sister already said NO.  In big capital letters (actually her exact text was more colourful).  But she suggested asking my mom and aunt, who are usually up for anything. 

But it will have to be rock, paper, scissors to see who gets the swimming. 



No comments:

Post a Comment