Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Crockpot Wednesday - Chili

I don't usually use the crockpot during the week because we're gone for at least 10 hours and my crock doesn't have a timer. Maybe I'll splurge one day and get a "fancy" one.

Tomorrow is Kick-Off for football and we're having a few friends over, what better to have then Chili and home made buns?

So, here's the most difficult, sodium laden Chili recipe evah. Seriously.

1 package ground beef, cooked and drained

2 19 oz cans Aylmer Tomatoes (Chili seasoning Accents)

2 14 oz cans Heinz Chili Style Red Kidney Beans

2 14 oz cans Heinz Chili Style Pinto and Red Kidney Beans

1 tsp Chili powder

1 tsp Chipotle Chili powder (I use the Epicure Selection ones for both)

Toss everything in a crock pot, give it a stir, cook for a while.

I have no idea why people like it but they do. I like it 'cause it's simple :)

Buns are from Tasty Kitchen using the bread maker.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting to Crock Pot Wednesday. I am impressed with your homemade buns. It's usually crackers or Fritos for us:) I hope to see you back again at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com for CPW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have had a busy week...sometimes life just gets that way. I hope you will post again to Crock Pot Wednesday. I really appreciate your participation last week.

    ReplyDelete